Cloudy day, rainy day, lazy day, cold day = staying at home with pjamas and making something nice 😀 This is the life in the village, oh I love it!
I found a treasure in the fridge, a 500gr of fresh Cranberries! I bought it last year (sounds so old, but hey! no worries, I got them 2 days before 2012 ended ha ha ha!). I was thinking to make a Cranberries Butter Jam, but I have no food processor, so, I left the butter out, ta da… Cranberry Jam 😀
It’s very easy and tasty! 🙂 Want to try? ela come over to the village to experience Winter and to enjoy the toast with homemade Cranberry jam! or try to make it at home by yourself 🙂
- 500gr Fresh cranberries
- 100gr Brown sugar – or depends on how you like it
- 2 tbsp Vanilla
- 2 cups of Water
- It’s time to chop chop chop mince mince mince the cranberries – fun time! Haris was doing it for me 😀
- Use saucepan, add water and cranberries, and bring to boil. Slow cook style.
- Add brown sugar and stir it well, until all water vapored, you will notice the cranberries become very thick, and make sure all the cranberries are cooked/almost melted!
- Add vanilla, and taste it, add sugar if you need more.
- Add orange zest – only if you like it, it will give a different sensation to the jam. Mine is plain, because there is no orange in the fridge 🙂
- Once it becomes very thick, you’re done – close the fire and leave it to cool down before putting it in a jar
- Make sure to sterilize the jar by boiling it for 10mins and wipe it dry
- enJOY your homemade Cranberry Jam
Happy cooking! x