Recipe anyone? I’m hungry right now, I can’t help but writing a recipe of Homemade Hamburger in Onion and Tomato sauce – what happened to me? >.<
A very simple one, not particularly like the Greek Bifteki with all of the crumbs and feta cheese – definitely will be very heavy once you cook it with sauce. This hamburger is a simple one and it’s made by my husband’s mom 😀
So, let’s start! 😀
- 500gr Ground meat (make around 10pcs )
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Mint
- Salt & Pepper
- fresh chives
- 4 small cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 big onion – cut in small boxes
- 2 big tomatoes – cut in small boxes
- 1 cup of water
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- For hamburger – super easy: mix all ingredients, for salt and pepper, trust your guts! 🙂 I used 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Mixed it well and shape it like an oval, circle or whatever shape you like, make sure that the thickness is not more than 1,5cm. Put them aside.
- Preparing for the sauce: add 2 tbsp oil in a wok or pan with medium heat only, saute garlic and onion for 2 mins, then add tomatoes, saute them for at least 5 mins until the tomatoes are quite soft.
- Add and arrange the hamburgers. I arranged the hamburgers under the sauteed tomatoes, onion and garlic
- Add a bit of water (1 cup), lower the heat.
- Turn the hamburgers every 5 mins, until the color is brown
- Cook until the water is almost dry, taste and sprinkle with salt and pepper if necessary. To reach the brown color in the sauce, use dark soy sauce (sweet or salty – your choice)
That’s all!!! Total time of cooking is about 45 mins in low heat.
You can served them with steam rice or mashed potato or oven grill potato with herbs like what I did 😀
^^ hmmm…getting hungry now! >.<
Have fun trying!! And happy cooking x