Still fresh from the kitchen, I can’t wait to share my recipe from our lunch just now 😀 Very simple but great taste, short preparation, you can do anything else while waiting for it to cook.
I decided to call it Chicken & Potato in Oregano Red Sauce – sounds cool! 😀 Let’s do it!
- 1/2 Village Chicken, cut in parts/pieces, make sure not to leave big chunks
- 10 Small/baby potatoes, smash it until it cracks
- 4 Small onions, cut in wedges
- 5 Garlic cloves, smash and mince – feel free to use less
- 2 boxes of ready tomato puree
- 3 Tbsp dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- In pans, sautee onion and garlic for 2 mins
- Add potatoes (well drained), stir it for another 3-4 mins
- Add chicken, stir it for 3-4 mins, mixed it well
- Add oregano and mixed it well, leave it for 1 min
- Prepare oven at 200ºC
- Add tomato puree, mixed well
- Salt, pepper, sugar (if it is too acid)
- Leave it to boil and turning occassionally for another 10 mins
- Move it to Pyrex and leave it in oven for 1 hour, turning it occassionally
- Add another 10mins under “oven grill” selection and turning it occassionally
I serve it with steam rice and fresh cucumber with lemon juice 😀 Simple and tasty!
Happy cooking! x
Leave a Comment