You must be wondering about it, right? LOL..I like the title “upcycling” chicken!
Last Saturday, we were down to the city and decided to get a whole chicken at Diomidis, the best grill chicken and it turned out to be a lot of chicken, we ate it 8 of us (2 human beings and 6 cats). Still had a lot of leftover. So, we decided to make something out of it.
We were thinking to make sandwich, to eat it together with egg and lemon soup, but nothing’s happened. So, Monday noon, I decided to make something really fast and simple out of it.
- Leftover chicken – I removed the bones and cut it smaller
- 1 tomato – cut small/boxes
- 1 big onion – cut like wedges
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- Bell pepper – I used it simply because I have fresh from the garden
- Soy sauce
- Black Pepper
- I’m using wok this time
- heat oil and saute garlic and onion until soft (add chili pepper if you like it spicy)
- add tomato and bell pepper (you can use carrots/cabbage/green beans/sweet corn – whatever you want)
- saute for another 3-4 mins, until tomato become soft, keep stirring it
- add soy sauce – depends on your preference and stir to mix it with the vegetables
- add chicken – saute for another 3-4 mins
- add black pepper
- add more soy sauce if you need it – instead of salt
- serve hot with steam rice
That’s all! Simple dish, 15 mins, and you keep your refrigerator empty 🙂
Happy cooking! x