We have so many apple at home, we got them from Lena’s father, and it’s a home-grown apple!!
They taste very sweet and fresh, we’ve made salad out of it and now it’s the time for jammin’ 😉
So, here it is..apple jam ala Aurelia! You can try to make it by your own and share your experience or if you are too busy..just call me and I’ll give you a very good price for it..but bring your own jam jar 😛
Ingredients – per small glass on the picture:
- 4 green apple, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4tbsp sugar – white/brown – if you like sweet, double it
- 2 sachets of vanilla sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- half lemon – juiced
- 1 glass of water
- 1/2tsp salt
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- In a saucepan, bring to boil apple and water
- Add sugar, vanilla sugar, cinnamon stick, lemon juice, and salt
- If you don’t like the taste and aroma of cinnamon, 2 mins is more than enough. But if you like it, keep it until it’s done
- When it starts to get thick, sprinkle it with nutmeg – don’t over do it, cause nutmeg has a very strong aroma and taste
- Keep stirring it until it gets really thick – or there is no water inside. Add sugar if necessary for a sweeter taste.
- Remove saucepan from stove and let it cool.
- To keep it in the jar, process the jar for 10 mins in the boiling water to sterilize it.
“It is as healthy to enjoy sentiment as to enjoy jam”
Gilbert K. Chesterton