Seriously… I was trying to make this spring rolls before, using my sister’s recipe. There was nothing wrong with the recipe, but I failed to do a good spring rolls wrapper 🙁
But..today with my super empty belly and a need to eat fast brought me to a very nice home made spring rolls with the same recipe which I failed to make it months before.
So..I must say that my belly the best cook!! 😀 Let’s start then!
- cabbage – thin sliced
- carrot – thin sliced
- bean sprout – fresh is recommended if you can find it, otherwise tinned is okay!
- 2 small onion – thin sliced
- 1 small red onion – thin sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- salt and pepper
- 110gr all purpose flour
- 60gr rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 350ml water
- 5tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2tbsp broth powder
- for fillings: heat oil, saute onion, red onion and garlic until soft, add cabbage, bean sprout, carrot, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put aside when cabbage is soft.
- for wrapper: mixed all the ingredients, and use a non-sticky 15cm pan. Use big spoon to scope the mixture to the pan, not too much so that the wrapper won’t be too thick. Use no oil on the pan.
- medium heat only
- finish all the mixture to make wrapper, let it cool for 5-10mins.
- take 1 wrapper, 2 scopes of fillings, and start to roll it.
- you can eat it right away, or deep fried it for a crunchy taste.
- serve with spring rolls sauce or try to make your own sauce 😉
up to 20 pieces
“An empty belly is the best cook”
Leave a Comment