Everybody said that 2012 is the end of the world as Mayan people predicted, for me, 2012 is the time to change – to a better of everything, so I started to think about recycling, reusing, re-purposing more, rather than buying new stuffs. I was browsing in Youtube for songs, when I accidentally stumble upon a video of how to make bathroom mat using old towel. So, I decided to make myself a soft rug for our room, since I have a lot of old and torn bed sheets to use. I also make this rugs to sell if you are too bored to do a lot of works! 😀 You will need:
- old and torn bed sheets, light fabrics, t-shirts, pants or towel – if you are using towel, it has to be all towels, for a better results
- anti slip mat
- a lot of patience
- a strong back
How to do it? Fun!
1. Prepare your materials, I’m using old and torn bed sheets and t-shirts, my anti slip mat is 60x40cm
2. Start to strip your fabrics, mine is 2.5x12cm – no need ruler, just follow your guts!
3. You will end up with a lot of these strips – I do really mean “a lot” 🙂
4. Pass your fabric carefully in vertical way – anti slip mat is very fragile, so you might want to be really gentle
5. Start to knot
6. And knot vertically for a better result
7. You will end up like this
8. A very soft and comfortable rug for your feet and you can choose the colors and make it customize for every rooms!
Happy crafting and recycling!