Having 3 cats at home means a lot of empty tuna cans! 4x a week, 16-20 cans a month..which means a lot of ideas how to reuse them. One of them is reusing it for a candle holder or pot holder, which I saw it in Pinterest, here is the link http://pinterest.com/pin/107171666102526851/
So, why don’t you try to do it at home? You will have new and very cheap candle light holder or pot holder.
You will need:
- empty tuna can
- wooden pegs/wooden clothespins
- tea light candle or small plant pot
- lighter – to light up the candle, of course!
- paint spray – optional
How to do it? Super easy!
1. Prepare your materials, I’m using empty & clean tuna can, wooden pegs, Ikea tea light candle, and lighter
2. You can spray the can if you don’t like the color and start clipping wooden pegs on the can
3. Keep clipping the can until all covered
4. You will end up like this
5. It looks like this from above
6. Light up the tea light candle and put it inside the can
7. You will end up like this
8. You will get a very nice lights from between the wooden pegs
You can also put a small herb pot inside it, and give a little touch of you by spraying some colors or cards or ribbons, etc etc. It can also be a very nice gift to your friends and family. You can also spray the wooden pegs first with a lot of colors, and many more ideas on this super easy and inexpensive crafts.
And if you make one, you can always share it here!